Noun(1) the point or degree to which something extends(2) the distance or area or volume over which something extends
(1) When the country was in the grip of a deadly bird flu last year, his government admitted it tried to cover up the extent of the problem.(2) To the extent that his views are different from yours you would have my vote.(3) the extent of a circle(4) everyone will have to compromise to some extent(5) the extent of his power surprised me(6) Another looks to the extent of the property covered by the security.(7) Anecdotal accounts, however, give a picture of the extent of the killing and maiming.(8) The committee visited the area to evaluate the extent of damage caused by the flooding.(9) It changed my personal life to the extent that it took away from me my freedom.(10) Little survives of this very large area, although its extent has been established by excavation.(11) Kelly's heart condition made him unable to withstand loss of blood to the extent that a fit person could.(12) A potential grey area is the extent to which a State can protect an individual against criminal behaviour.(13) This is especially so with regard to the geographical extent of globalization.(14) the extent of global warming(15) In Harare and Bulawayo and to a lesser extent in rural areas, there are many training centers.(16) He is hugely confident, to the extent that some people have described him as arrogant.
(1) to some extent :: kusvika
(2) to the extent :: kusvika
(3) to a large extent :: kune pamwero mukuru
(4) to a certain extent :: kune pamwero
(5) to a great extent :: kusvika kumwero
(6) to what extent :: zvakadini
(7) to the extent that :: zvokuti
(8) to such an extent :: zvokuti
(9) what extent :: papi
(10) to that extent :: kuti papi
1. area ::
2. size ::
3. expanse ::
4. length ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
than in the EXTENT
of my power and possessions."
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
I mean, to the EXTENT that he ever understood
complete sentences in the first place.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
I mean, I don't even understand
if you know the full EXTENT of this,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 10
We all lead double lives
to some EXTENT, don't we?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
Uh, I never realized
to what EXTENT
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
English to Shona Dictionary: extent
Meaning and definitions of extent, translation in Shona
language for extent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of extent in Shona and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'extent'
What extent means in Shona, extent meaning
in Shona, extent
definition, examples and pronunciation
of extent in Shona language.