Noun(1) something that is read
Verb(1) interpret something that is written or printed(2) have or contain a certain wording or form(3) look at, interpret, and say out loud something that is written or printed(4) obtain data from magnetic tapes or other digital sources(5) interpret the significance of, as of palms, tea leaves, intestines, the sky; also of human behavior(6) interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression(7) be a student of a certain subject(8) indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments(9) audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role(10) to hear and understand(11) make sense of a language
(1) They stand either side of a pool of light, which can be read as iconographically significant.(2) To do this they turned to techniques developed by Freudian psychoanalysts to read the inner desires of the new self.(3) It seems somehow odd now to recall that none of these three could read or write, and that they did not speak English.(4) As such, the glories of nature can be read as harbingers of a future still arriving.(5) read my lips - I'm not going to work(6) At times these read as lecture notes; at others more like a dramatic monologue.(7) The oldest, a rocket scientist, is now a father himself, the youngest is off to university to read medicine.(8) He could read the shame in Drake's voice and had a pretty fair idea of what had transpired.(9) their read on the national situation may be correct(10) You all want to read newspapers, you all want the products of the forest, somewhere the trees have to be grown.(11) his mother read him a bedtime story(12) My read of the story tells me that this man is easily offended and a persistent complainer.(13) she likes to read on the train(14) Mr Hackett read history at Oxford University and had planned a career in teaching or lecturing.(15) he went to Manchester to read for a BA in Economics(16) the actors read the script through
(1) to read :: kuverenga
(2) read only :: verenga chete
(3) read books :: verenga mabhuku
(4) read and write :: Verenga nekunyora
(5) read aloud :: verenga zvinonzwika
(6) read up :: verenga kumusoro
(7) read only memory :: verenga chete ndangariro
(8) read on :: verenga pamusoro
2. peruse ::
4. decipher ::
5. interpret ::
6. indicate ::
7. translate ::
8. scan ::
9. record ::
10. take ::
11. say ::
read, readable, reads, unread
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I READ it as square meters.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
Did you even READ the wikiHow link
I sent you on being goth?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 3
All right, well, guess
I'll just READ a little
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
Then why don't you READ it?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
How many times
can you READ one raven scroll?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
English to Shona Dictionary: read
Meaning and definitions of read, translation in Shona language for read with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of read in Shona and in English
Tags for the entry "read"
What read means in Shona, read meaning
in Shona, read definition, examples and pronunciation
of read in Shona language.