Adjective(1) in a foreign country
Adverb(1) to or in a foreign country(2) far away from home or one's usual surroundings(3) in a place across an ocean
(1) A spirit of enquiry is abroad among the Chinese, and there is a class of students, by no means small in number, who receive with avidity instruction on scientific matters from the West.(2) few people ventured abroad from their warm houses(3) After all the bitterness in the game over the past few years, there seemed something of a new spirit abroad , to which the persona of Tony Gilbert, the Borders' Kiwi coach, has contributed.(4) Anyone who begins to have recurring, shaking chills up to one year after returning home from abroad should seek professional medical care.(5) I'm not agree with some Greek-Australians who say that the Greeks of abroad are different.(6) Direct investment from abroad has also fallen.(7) When a nation faces deadly attacks on its citizens at home and abroad , it is only reasonable to expect that its leaders will take appropriate measures to increase security.(8) They were scattered abroad over the face of the earth.(9) The other directors from abroad are coming in next week so we had to hash it out now.(10) While they are buying well-known brand names and waiting for prestige and fat profits to result, they tend to forget the major difference between home and abroad .(11) It's impossible to read of the terrors abroad in her shabby streetscapes without total emotional involvement.(12) They could only walk abroad in the streets if accompanied by a slave or other attendant.(13) there is a new buccaneering spirit abroad(14) In our three weeks in Cornwall, Wales and Ireland, we saw amazing sites and felt remarkable spirits abroad in the land.(15) servicemen returning from abroad(16) America's 18 Nato allies stated last night that attacks could be considered an attack on the whole alliance if it turned out they were directed from abroad .
(1) go abroad :: enda kunze
(2) study abroad :: kudzidza mhiri
(3) travel abroad :: kuenda kunze kwenyika
(4) live abroad :: kurarama kunze
(5) from abroad :: kubva kunze kwenyika
(6) living abroad :: kurarama kwose
(7) studying abroad :: kudzidza kwose
(8) traveling abroad :: parwendo kunze
(9) gone abroad :: rwendo
1. overseas ::
2. in circulation ::
3. afield ::
4. overseas ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Studying ABROAD?
- No, visiting professor.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
We'll call it all off
and find a treatment ABROAD.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
English to Shona Dictionary: abroad
Meaning and definitions of abroad, translation in Shona language for abroad with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of abroad in Shona and in English language.
Tags for the entry "abroad"
What abroad means in Shona, abroad meaning in Shona, abroad definition, examples and pronunciation of abroad in Shona language.