Adjective(1) (usually followed by `to'(2) have the skills and qualifications to do things well(3) having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity(4) having a strong healthy body
(1) You need to have a strong squad to be able to compete in the top half of the Premiership.(2) we'll help you as much as we're able(3) she's able to use the new system(4) It is not known if any of the riders will be able to compete at the top level again.(5) They are allowed one magazine and they might be able to earn the right to have a book.(6) We have had a really hard year and I would have never been able to afford to pay for it.(7) It seems just wonderful to be able to take pictures of anything you want and post it.(8) In some ways not being able to drive now is analogous to not being able to read a century ago.(9) The translation was made by an array of the most able scholars and poets of the time.(10) The morning journey was relaxing and I was able to read a lot that will help me at work.(11) Mark has just started to be able to take a few steps but will never have full mobility again.(12) When you add in council tax and other bills we know we wouldn't be able to afford that.(13) She was able to break free and punch one of the men when two passersby came to her aid.(14) she's very able(15) I saw this movie on t.v. years and years ago and have yet to be able to find it in a video store.(16) He may not have been able to afford the art at the galleries but he met the people who could.
(1) be able to :: kukwanisa
(2) be able :: kukwanisa
(3) to be able :: kugona
(4) able-bodied :: akagwinya
(5) not able to :: asingagoni
(6) not be able to :: havagoni
(7) be able to do :: kukwanisa kuita
(8) be able to see :: kukwanisa kuona
(9) able to see :: kuona
1. capable of ::
2. intelligent ::
3. able-bodied ::
4. capable ::
1. incompetent ::
2. inept ::
3. poor ::
4. unfit ::
5. unqualified ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Do you think you'll ever be ABLE to talk
in front of me without being drunk?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
But now you'll be ABLE to make
your own mil00:04:16,966 --> 00:04:18,885
No more Tagalongs, my ass.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
They were ABLE to isolate one finger print
on the button you found inside the Ibiza.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
you will no longer be ABLE
to accuse me of being spoiled.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
you won't be ABLE to take if off
for the rest of your fucking life.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
English to Shona Dictionary: able
Meaning and definitions of able, translation in Shona language for able with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of able in Shona and in English language.
Tags for the entry "able"
What able means in Shona, able meaning in Shona, able definition, examples and pronunciation of able in Shona language.